Oil on canvas
69 x 110½ in.
175.3 x 280.7 cm
Signed front lower right: Philip Guston
- The Doris and Donald Fisher Collection at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Doris and Donald Fisher
- Auction: Sotheby's New York, May 6, 1992, Lot 17
- Private Collection
- Akron Art Institute, Akron, OH, "Philip Guston", March 08, 1980 - May 04, 1980
- Royal Scottish Academy, Edinburgh, Scotland, "Art of Our Time", August 09, 1987 - August 31, 1987
- Princeton University Art Museum, Princeton, NJ, "[Unknown Title]", June 08, 1992 - October 05, 1992
- Fuchs, Rudi, Hilton Kramer, and Peter Schjeldahl. Art of Our Time: The Saatchi Collection, vol. 3. London: Lund Humphries, 1984, illus. in color Plate 24 pp. 58-59 (unpaginated) and mentioned in text p. 14 (Peter Schjeldahl essay)
- Art of Our Time: The Saatchi Collection. Exh. cat. Royal Scottish Academy, , illus. in color p. 10
- Schjeldahl, Peter. The Hydrogen Jukebox: Selected Writings of Peter Schjeldahl, 1978–1990. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1991, mentioned in text p. 230, not illus.
- Nusbaum, Eliot. "Guston's 'Friend': A Daring Choice." Des Moines Register, June 7, 1992, mentioned in text, not illus.
- The Fisher Collection at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. San Francisco: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 2016, illus. in color p. 108
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, mentioned in text p. 190, not illus.